5 Tips for Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain
As the 2019 Holiday Season approaches, it’s not the hap-hap-happiest time of year for everyone. If weight management is a challenge for you, the holiday season can seem like sheer torture. Temptations are everywhere, including office parties, family gatherings and hanging with your friends.
Get Strategic About Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain this Season
First, nothing will make it easy to get through the holidays with your weight loss program intact. But by being more deliberate in your approach to holiday food and treats, you minimize the extra calories. And that will set you up for a better start to 2019!
How to Minimize Weight Gain During the Holidays
Maybe the most important thing is to be good to yourself. It is the holiday season and you will probably eat more than usual. But by trying some of the following tips to avoid weight gain, you can keep the effects to a minimum and keep on track for losing weight in 2019.
- Don’t Go Out on an Empty Stomach – If you like to starve yourself so you can dig in at a holiday get together, stop doing that. Instead, have a healthy snack and a glass of water before you hit the holiday party. They will help you feel full and limit how much you eat.
- Go Easy on the Alcohol – Yeah, we know this one might be most cruel of all! But alcohol delivers a one-two punch to your weight loss. First, it packs more calories than you think, especially if you use mixes. Second, it lowers your willpower to watch what you eat.
- Take Care of Yourself – Not only are holiday foods and drinks bad for your weight, they’re not the most nutritious choices. Be mindful of eating healthily when you’re not partying. If that’s tough, trying nutritional supplements, like grape seed extract. And get a good night’s sleep whenever you can.
- Try to Get More Physical Activity – Hey, why not make the holidays a time for getting more activity in your day, as well as a time for socializing.
- Get Your Fibre – If you are going to indulge, try to eat foods that are high in fibre. They will make you feel full so will eat less.
To learn more about avoiding holiday weight gain and maintaining your body weight year-round, call or visit your nearest Herbal One Centre.
If you liked this post, check out our last article on one of the best weight loss tips in the world!