5 Healthy Weight Loss Tips You Might Not Have Tried Before
If you’re serious about managing your weight, you probably come across many of the same weight loss tips and ideas over and over again.
It’s not necessarily a bad thing. The more times you see a particular idea or tip, the more you’ll learn about it and know whether it’s right for you.
But it’s always good to find new ways to help you lose weight and here are some that you may not have tried:
- Get PickledFood that is. Whether it’s your traditional dill, or something a little more exotic, like pickled eggplant, there’s an increasing amount of evidence that the vinegar used to pickle food can lower your blood pressure, blood sugar levels and reduce the storage of fat in your body.But make sure you read the nutrition labels on prepared pickled foods; they can be high in sodium. Better yet, do your own pickling.
- Drink the Water the Waiter BringsOK. We know you’ve seen lots of stuff about the importance of drinking water for your health and weight loss – and yet you most often see the water served at a restaurant sit untouched while customers wait for sugary alcohol and soft drinks.Make it a point to immediately drink the water the waiter brings. If they don’t bring any, ask for it. It fills you up so you will eat less restaurant food, which is usually higher in fat and sodium than the food you cook at home.
- Grow Your OwnWhen you grow your own fruit and vegetables, you get a double weight loss benefit. Not only do you eat healthier food, but you get more exercise by tending to your garden.If you live in an apartment or townhome with little or no garden space, try building or buying planter boxes – you’ll be surprised at what can be grown on a balcony or patio.
- Get SpicyIt’s well known that spicy foods boost your metabolism, which helps you burn more calories. But not so many people know the potentially greater weight loss benefit that spicy food can provide.It takes your brain at least 20 minutes to register that you are full, so eating too fast can lead to weight gain. Spicy food, or adding spice to your meals, slows down your eating, which gives your brain the time it needs to register that you are full and to stop you from overeating.
- Chocolate!?Don’t get too excited. We’re talking about one or two squares of dark chocolate between meals. A Copenhagen study showed that people who had two squares of dark chocolate between meals ate 15% less pizza a few hours later than those who ate milk chocolate.
There’s one weight loss tip you should be well aware of. Proper nutrition is vital to keep your body healthy as it endures the stress of changing your dietary habits and your weight loss program. Without getting the nutrients it needs, your body can actually counteract your weight loss efforts. Consult your neighborhood nutritional consultant to learn more and make sure you lose weight the healthy way.