10 Tips to Help You Lose 10 Pounds
First, if you’re here hoping to find out how to lose 10 pounds fast, you’re in the wrong place.
Each of the following tips are lifestyle changes. Along with others, they create a ‘dietary environment’ that makes it easier for you to lose 10 pounds (or whatever your weight loss goal), and keep it off.
- Cut it in Half – After preparing a full meal – breakfast, lunch or dinner – literally cut it in half and save one portion for later. The first half will probably fill you up more than you think. And if you get hungry, you can always have the second half.
- Avoid Meat – Lean meat can be part of a successful weight management program. But there’s a reason why the average vegetarian weighs less than the average meat-eater.
- You’re Sweet Enough – So you don’t need any more sugar. Check nutrition labels and cut out as much sugar as you can.
- Mini Workouts – Get up, stretch and walk around for a couple minutes every half an hour.
- Get Nutty – Snacking is a big enemy of weight loss, unless the snack is nuts. This is especially true if they are still in the shell because they will probably be fresher, they won’t be salted or flavoured and you can’t gobble handfuls at a time.
- Become a Dessert Desert – If you can manage to eliminate desserts, you cut out a major source of hidden calories. Some ‘decadent’ restaurant desserts carry over half of your recommended daily calories. Try some fruit instead.
- Spice Up Your Diet – Spicy foods not only give you a taste sensation, they can raise your metabolism, which burns more calories.
- Look for Calorie-Burning Opps – You don’t need to be chained to a workout schedule. But if you look for opportunities to gently increase your activity, liking getting off the elevator one floor below yours and walking up the rest of the way, or riding your bike to the corner store instead of driving, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to burn more calories.
- Is it Yogurt or Yogourt? – Whatever it is, it’s loaded with vitamins, has active bacterial cultures that keep your immune and digestive systems healthy and it’s high in protein. Best of all for your weight loss, it fills you up, which helps decrease your appetite.
- Don’t Diet – If you haven’t guessed it already, the idea here isn’t to keep looking for a diet that will help you lose weight, but to make adjustments in your lifestyle that, together, help you eat and live healthier; and make it easier to manage your weight. Hopping on and off diets to ‘get into your bikini’ rarely works for healthy, long-term weight loss.
You can’t learn to adjust your lifestyle for better health and weight management in a single blog post. It takes ongoing commitment and effort that are easier if you have help along the way. Your local Herbal One nutritional counselor is ready to help you and give you the support you need to be successful.